Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Hunter by Marcus Lord

O Hunter, Strong Hunter, O what have I done?
Many leagues, over mountains and dales have I run,
Yet you pursue me and you have slain my mate,
O pray tell me why we deserve this fate

O Hunter, Strong Hunter, I beg thee stop,
My bones ache and my tongue is dry,
My throat aches for a sip from the spring,
Why do you hate us? Please tell me why

Vile Hunter, I fear not your pitiful dart,
Strong am I in anger and in wrath,
Endeavour if you dare and block my path,
Every beast in the forest shall feed on your heart

Hunter, Poor Hunter, bleeding, here you lie,
My antler through your heart, you prepare to die,
My heart bleeds for you as you fade,
Your voice is weak, yet your eyes remain clear,
Alas! Had we known each other in love and peace,
We would not have been brought this way together, now, and here

Deer, Noble Deer, your fair visage brings joy to my eyes,
I shall not insult you with guile and lies,
My means are scant and i have four mouths to feed,
Now do you see why there could be no love and peace?

2 comments:

Rover said...

Does the drought of comments after the funny list not signify something? *pointed stare*

You're funny, man! Rustle us up some original prose.

Slippery Salil said...

nah man...i'm not in a particularly funny place right now...i could rustle up the occasional inappropriate knock knock joke, but i'd forget the punchline, and segue into a greek tragedy anyway